Integrated approach (i.e., models involving several factors) promoting high quality sport performance analysis on individuals or teams.
Only with the consideration of several performance indicators, it will possible to be aware about findings (and practical applications) related to players’ performance.
- Strength area (force plate)
- countermovement jump (CMJ) test
- plyometric push up jump (PPU) test
- HR response area (HR monitor device)
- time at >90%HRmax (as maximal intensity indicator)
- ITL according HR-based methods (Edwards, 1993; Bannister, 1991)
- Time-motion areas (GPS)
- total distance (as volume indicator)
- time spent at >20W (as high running speed indicator; high intensity indicator)
- Notational-video-analysis area
- occurrence of specific game events (tackles in rugby, assists in basketball, or jumps in volleyball, etc.)
- work-to-rest ratio (as density indicator)
- Psychometric area
- well-being score (McLean et al., 2010; subscales on: fatigue, sleep quality, general muscle soreness, stress levels, mood)
- rating of perceived effort (RPE) by means of the CR-10 scale (Foster et al., 1995) (ITL by means of session-RPE method).
- Lupo C, Ungureanu AN, Varalda M, Brustio PR. Running technique is more effective than soccer-specific training for improving the sprint and agility performances with ball possession of prepubescent soccer players. Biol Sport. 2019;36(3):249-55.
- Ungureanu AN, Condello G, Pistore S, Conte D, Lupo C. Technical and Tactical Aspects in Italian Youth Rugby Union in Relation to Different Academies, Regional Tournaments, and Outcomes. J Strength Cond Res. 2019;33(6):1557-69.
- Ungureanu AN, Brustio PR, Mattina L, Lupo C. “How” is more important than “how much” for game possession in elite northern hemisphere rugby union. Biol Sport. 2019;36(3):265-71.
- Lupo, C., Ungureanu, A. N., De Pasquale, P., & Brustio, P. R. Performance analysis of elite lifesavers during competition: effects related to gender, turn of competition, and age category. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 2019, 1-11.
- Lupo C., Ungureanu A.N., Frati R., Panichi M., Grillo S., Brustio P.R. (in press). Session-RPE method is a more valid tool to monitor internal training load with players’ than coaches’ RPE scores in elite youth female basketball. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. ISSN: 1555-0265.
- Mirvic E., Rasidagic F.,Nurkovic N., Kajmovic H., Lupo C. (2019). Only unbalanced games are affected by technical and tactical aspects able to discriminate winning and losing performance in women’s water polo Olympic Games. Sport Sciences for Health. DOI: 10.1007/s11332-019-00550-4. 15, 2, 427-434. ISSN: 1824-7490. doi.org/10.1007/s11332-019-00550-4
- Brustio P.R., Boccia G., Moisè P., Laurenzano L., Lupo C. (2018). Relationship between stature level and success in elite judo: an analysis on four consecutive Olympic Games. Sport Sciences for Health. 14(1), 115-119. ISSN: 1824-7490
- Gómez M.A., Gasperi L., Lupo C. (2016). Performance analysis of game dynamics during the 4th game quarter of NBA close games. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport. 16(1), 249-263. ISSN: 1474-8185.
- Gómez M.A., DelaSerna A., Lupo C., Sampaio, J. (2016). Effects of Game Location, Quality of Opposition and Starting Quarter Score in the outcome of elite water polo quarters. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 30(4), 1014-1020. ISSN: 1064-8011.
- Gómez M.A., DelaSerna A., Lupo C., Sampaio J. (2014). Effects of Situational Variables and Starting Quarter Score in the outcome of elite women’s water polo game quarters. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport. 14(1):73-83. ISSN: 1474-8185.
Drop us a line